Interpret Flora, Fauna and Landscape Nature Knowledge
Interpret Flora, Fauna and Landscape Nature Knowledge, a WSQ in Nature Interpretation course, aims to provide participants with the skills to conduct research, prepare and update specialised information on the flora, fauna and landscape in Singapore’s key habitats.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to
- use formal and informal research techniques to perform research exercises on the flora, fauna and landscape in Singapore’s key habitats,
- analyse information and develop interpretive themes and messages to meet audiences or visitors’ needs,
- organise and store information effectively for easy retrieval when required, and
- incorporate updated knowledge into guiding activities.
SKILLS FRAMEWORK AND WORKFORCE SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS (WSQ)
The Skills Framework for Landscape was launched on 4 May 2019 as part of the Landscape Sector Transformation Plan (LSTP).The Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) system will adopt the Skills Framework and continue to certify skills and meet Continuing Education and Training (CET) needs. With this, all current Landscape WSQ courses based on the old Competency Standards will be replaced with new ones based on the Technical and Generic Skills and Competencies by 31 October 2020.As a result of the transition to the Skills Framework for Landscape, this will be the LAST run for the course.
Who Should Attend
- Landscape Supervisor
- Nursery Supervisor
- Parks, Reserves and Garden Supervisors
- Parks Officers and Managers
- Tour Guides
- Nature Guides
Full Course Fee Inclusive of 7% GST (For Foreigner): $1,500.00
Nett Course Fee Inclusive of 7% GST After 90% SSG Grant (For Singaporean & PR): $150.00
Training grants and subsidies may be available. For more info on funding eligibility, click HERE.Terms and conditions apply.
- Industry Practitioners
- Supervisors/Managers from National Parks Board, Singapore
Course dates may be obtained HERE.
For course registration, please refer to HERE.