CUGE ARB 3014 Tree Inspection - Advanced
This program is a sequel to the Basic Tree Inspection - The Basics. In this workshop, participants will practise evaluating the defects they observed and think critically on their justification for proposed mitigating measures. Usage of equipment to complement tree assessment will also be shared.
This programme was formerly published as Tree Inspection - Level 2.
- Learn the importance of Root Collar Excavation
- Think critically about the defects observed
- Understand and look out for factors that might lead defect to failure
- Learn to analyse how and why certain defects lead to failure
- Learn the differences in analysing failure potential for open and closed cavities
- Understand when and how an equipment is used in Visual Tree Assessment (VTA)
- Learn to justify proposed mitigating measures
|Day 1, AM
|Day 1, PM
|Day 2, whole day
Lecture and group discussion
Participants must have prior knowledge on the identification of tree defects and must have attended either one of the following programmes:
- NParks' Tree Inspection OJT
- Tree Inspection (Level 1) [previously known as Basic Tree Inspection (Level 1)]
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Personnel who has to carry out tree inspection
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
|Certified Practising Horticulturist||14 CEUs|
|ISA Certified Arborist||10 CEUs|
|ISA Municipal Specialist||10 CEUs|
|ISA Tree Worker Specialist||10 CEUs|
|ISA BCMA - Practice||10 CEUs|
*Awarded points may differ for different sessions. Please refer to the latest mailer or contact our staff for more information.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Mr Abdul Hamid is an ISA Certified Arborist and an Municipal Specialist. He has more than 30 years of experience in conducting tree assessments.
|Course Fees (Inclusive of GST)|
All information are correct as of posted date. For enquiry, please contact us at ask_CUGE@nparks.gov.sg