Licensing of dogs kept on non-HDB residential premises
Licensing dogs kept on non-HDB residential premises
|Number of licensed dogs allowed per unit of non-HDB premises|
|Date of dog licence application||Number of Scheduled dogs allowed||Number of non-Scheduled dogs allowed||Maximum number of dogs allowed|
|Before 15 November 2010||0||0 - 3||3|
|1||0 - 2|
|2||0 - 1|
|On and after 15 November 2010||0||0 - 3||3|
|1||0 - 2|
Assessment of application to keep more dogs
You need to seek prior approval from us if you wish to keep a fourth, and subsequent, dog, All applications are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, subject to these evaluation criteria:
- Dogs are securely kept within a premises that is large enough to comfortably house all four dogs.
- All dogs are licensed and microchipped.
- All dogs are healthy and in good condition.
- Owner has good control over the dogs. Dogs should show they can react appropriately to their owner's commands.
- Documentation that the fourth, and subsequent, dog is sterilised and obedience-trained.
- Owner agrees to remove one of the four dogs when there is feedback that the dogs are a nuisance.
To qualify for the reduced licence fee of S$15 for the fourth dog, the applicant must produce an adoption letter confirming that their pet is a mongrel from one of our rehoming partners: