LS-MT-202E-1 Operate Truck Mounted Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
The WSQ Operate Truck Mounted Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) is specially designed for the training of all personnel who needs to operate inside the bucket of a truck-mounted mobile elevated work platform.
The Aerial Lift (Truck-Mounted) vehicle is deemed as the safest form of above ground to conduct tree pruning and maintenance of greenery planted on external building structures. Competency Based Training is required to ensure operators of truck-mounted MEWP are competent with various Workplace Safety & Health regulations and Codes of Practice, using personal protective equipment, operating functions of truck-mounted MEWP and able to manoeuvre the boom to a desired work location.
Who Should Attend
The personnel operating MEWP could range from :
- Arboriculture Technician / Supervisor
- Landscape Technician / Arboriculture worker
- Industry Practitioner
Competencies Trained and Assessed
- State the safety requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act and relevant Code of Practices.
- Carry out pre-start checks.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the task, worksite and environment.
- Conduct a site inspection or workplace survey.
- Identify hazards and control measures related to truck-mounted MEWP operations.
- Communicate the workplan to all people involved.
- Set up, level and support the truck-mounted MEWP for field operations
- Operate the truck-mounted MEWP and manoeuvre the boom to the desired work location.
- Follow emergency procedures for rescue from height
- Report electrical and/or hydraulic malfunction
- 19 hours
- 8am to 5pm
|Singapore Citizens & PRs
||$100.00(after 90% funding)
Click here for the full list of course fees and other available subsidies
- Industry Practitioners
- Supervisors/Managers from National Parks Board, Singapore