Develop Nature Tour Commentaries
- Tour Guides
- Nature Guides
Competencies Trained and Assessed
- Select and organise appropriate information to meet the needs of specific visits, operational contexts and timing restrictions.
- Develop appropriate key conservation message as a basis for a commentary.
- Construct a nature tour commentary to maximize the potential for visitors' enjoyment and learning.
- Check and organize all support materials in advance of the tour.
- Use appropriate presentation techniques to structure a visitor-focused, informative and entertaining experience.
- Present commentary sequentially according to timing requirement and operational context with appropriate depth and breadth that demonstrates cultural, social and environmental sensitivity.
- Use language appropriate to visitor/audience.
- Encourage and engage visitor/audience participation within safety requirements through effective use of presentation techniques.
- Assess risk and plan contingency for unexpected events.
- 35 hours
- 8am to 5pm Daily (Mon-Fri)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs||$150.00 (after 90% funding)|
Click here for the full list of course fees and other available subsidies.
- Industry Practitioners
- Supervisors/Managers from National Parks Board,