Advisory on Macaques
Macaques are commonly sighted at Coney Island Park. If approached by the macaques, please refrain from:
1. Holding plastic bags, water bottles or food items in your hands. Litter and trash should be considerately disposed into the provided bins;
2. Leaving your belongings unattended.
3. Consuming food and drinks in the park.
4. Using flash photography. One should keep a distance from the macaques when observing them.
5. Establishing eye contact and showing aggression towards the macaques.
6. Feeding the macaques.
Read more on our advisory on macaques.