Sengkang Riverside Park
With the Punggol Reservoir, also known as Sungei Punggol, running through it, Sengkang Riverside Park is calm and tranquil. Featuring a constructed wetland and rich biodiversity, it is a favourite of nature lovers.
Visitors can hike on the park’s many trails to view the manually planted marshes and get close to the inhabitants of the marshland. Home to many aquatic plants, the constructed wetland doubles up as a wildlife habitat and attracts a variety of mangrove birds and damselflies. Alternatively, embark on an educational journey to explore the fruit trees planted around the park. Besides common edible fruits such as star fruit, chiku and dragon fruit, you may even discover exotic fruits that cannot be found in local stalls and supermarkets. Visitors can also visit Singapore’s largest man-made wetland, PUB’s Sengkang Floating Island, which is located within the park.
Sengkang Riverside Park is one of four parks located on the North Eastern Riverine Loop of the Park Connector Network. Sengkang Riverside Park was awarded the ABC Waters Certification, as an excellent example of how the protection of our water resources can be creatively integrated with urban planning in a sustainable manner.
How To Get There: Nearest Bus Stop (Bus 85), Nearest MRT station (Sengkang MRT), Nearest LRT stations (Kupang and Farmway)
Park Size: 21.3 hectares
Park Lighting Hours: 7:00pm to 7:00am
Businesses: O'My Kampong
Accessibility Info: Wheelchair-friendly
Specific Do's & Don'ts: Fishing is not allowed in the park.
1) Come join in the Sundays @ the Parks Programme.
2) The left bank of Sengkang Riverside Park is closed for development works from 25 May 2018 to 30 November 2019. Click here for further details.
3) Sections of Sengkang Riverside Park and the Park Connector Network are closed for improvement works until 15 Oct 2019. Click here for more details.
4) There is currently no event site at Sengkang Riverside Park. The event site, Civic Lawn, is closed due to development works.
5) The toilets at Sengkang Riverside Park are closed for improvement works from 16 September 2019. Please use the portable toilets available. Alternatively, you may use other nearby toilets. Click here for more details. Expected completion date: 31 December 2019
Things To Do
Looking for a space to nurture your green fingers? NParks provides allotment gardening plots for anyone who wishes to have their own space to garden. Each allotment plot consists of a 2.5 m x 1 m raised planter bed, and can be leased for three years at a charge.
Cycling is an activity that many visitors to Sengkang Riverside Park to enjoy. Come with your own bicycle and have fun in the park.
Exercise & Workout
The park is a popular spot amongst exercise enthusiasts. It is also a great place for morning and evening strolls along park.
Photography enthusiasts would be able to capture scenic views of the constructed wetlands.