Our vision is to make Singapore our garden.
To support the vision, our Parks & Trees Regulatory Branch (PTR) is responsible for:
- Securing roadside greenery for all types of development projects and to ensure that affected roadside greenery is reinstated with trees for shade and aesthetics.
- Securing public open spaces in new conventional housing developments and to ensure that park amenities and landscaping are provided within these public open spaces.
- Securing greenery provision within development compounds.
- Enforcing The Parks & Trees Act to make sure that mature trees within the Gazetted Tree Conservation Areas (TCA) and trees maintained by the Board are not felled unnecessarily.
Handbook on Tree Conservation & Tree Planting Provision for Development Projects
We have put together a handbook that seeks to provide a guide to architects and professional engineers on the statutory provisions and technical requirements on greenery provision, tree planting and tree conservation for development projects in Singapore, as well as on procedures for submitting development plans to NParks for clearance.
This handbook seeks to provide a guide to architects and professional engineers on the statutory provisions and technical requirements on greenery provision, tree planting and tree conservation for development projects in Singapore, as well as on procedures for submitting development plans to NParks for clearance.
The guidelines set out in this handbook will generally be applied by us in the consideration of an application for clearance of development plans. We may review the guidelines periodically or make changes to the handbook at any time and such changes may take effect immediately. You should therefore try to check this link regularly to ensure that you are following the most current version of the handbook.
Before you access the handbook, you will need to have read, understood and agreed to the "Terms of Access and Use of Handbook".
While every endeavour is made to ensure that the information provided is correct, the Commissioner of Parks & Recreation and the National Parks Board shall not be liable for any delay, damage or loss that may be caused as a result of any error or omission.
We hope you will find the handbook helpful. Please contact us at 6471 7894 if you require any clarification or assistance.
5. Greenery Provision for Roadside (Includes Pedestrian Overhead Bridges, Covered Linkways, Promenades, Pedestrian Malls)
6. Open Space for Landed Housing Development
- Technical Requirements for Roadside Greenery Provision
- Requirements for Roadside Trees/Palms/Shrubs
- Aeration Requirements for Planting on Plaza
- Planting Requirements for Pedestrian Overhead Bridge
- Irrigation System for Pedestrian Overhead Bridge
- Water Tanker Lay-by
- Specification of Trees/Palms/Shrubs
- Plan Submission Requirements
7. Submission Procedures
- Open Space Provision
- Location of the Open Space
- Accessibility of the Open Space
- Terrain of Open Space
- Drainage Provision
- Playground/Fitness Space and Equipment Requirements
- Park Furniture
- Safety Railings
- Park Lighting and OG box
- Soft Landscape and Tree Planting Requirement
- Plan Submission Requirements
- Checklist for
- Development Types Which Require NParks Clearance
- Self-Declaration Scheme for Projects Abutting Category 5 Roads at the Development Control (DC) and Building Plan (BP) stages
**Each content may take a few minutes to download.
Please download the e-submission form from CORENET