Skyrise Greenery is a concept that integrates green elements into the built environment. As physical living conditions become increasingly stratified, we need to look to innovative Skyrise Greenery to offer a sphere of new possibilities in our physical and social environments. It represents a vision to evolve our ever intensifying cities into urban scapes that are dynamic in more environmental and sustainable ways.
The Skyrise Greenery Awards aim to promote and reward greening efforts in urban developments. The Awards recognise architects taking the lead role in provisioning for green elements from the initial design stages, working in conjunction with stakeholders to bring a project to fruition.
The Skyrise Greenery Awards 2019/2020 is organised by National Parks Board (NParks) and jointly supported by the following organisations:
1. Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
2. Landscape Industry Association of Singapore (LIAS)
3. Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC)
4. Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA)
5. Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SILA)
6. Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)
The objectives of the Skyrise Greenery Awards are:
a) To create awareness and promote Skyrise Greenery in urban development.
b) To inspire creative and original landscaping ideas in Skyrise Greenery.
c) To recognise the architect/ owner/ designer/ management team who pays particular attention to Skyrise Greenery.
d) To encourage innovative use of greenery and landscaping to create a positive environment to live, work and play in.
e) To encourage ownership and participation in greening up our high-rise urban built up.
Newly completed and existing developments with established greenery and skyrise greenery installations are eligible. Previous participants of the Awards who were not awarded any awards are welcome to re-submit an entry. Only 1 submission per building/project will be accepted.
All entries will be required to enter their submission under one of following categories:
2. Educational Institution
3. Community Facility
4. Residential (multi-units)
5. Residential (small-scale)
Entries will be judged against other entries in the same category.
All entries will be accessed by the appointed judges according to the following criteria:
- Design Considerations
b) Sustainability with Practical Features
- Sustainable Planting
- Design for ease and safety of maintenance
c) Value-adding Features
- Enhancement of biodiversity
- Biophilic design
- Contribution to food security
d) Engagement and Programming
- Educational Features
- Recreational Use and Accessibility
Prize and Awards
The following prizes and awards will be given out:
1. Outstanding Skyrise Greenery Project Award
- SGD$8,000 cash prize will be awarded to the project with the most outstanding skyrise greenery development.
2. Skyrise Greenery Excellence Awards
- Up to 10 Skyrise Greenery Excellence Awards will be awarded to projects that demonstrate excellence in skyrise greenery designs. Each winning entry will receive a cash prize of SGD$1,500.
3. Skyrise Greenery Special Award
- Up to 10 awards will also be given to entries which deserve special mentions. Each winning entry will receive a cash prize of SGD$500.
Click here to view competition guidelines.
If you wish to find out more on how you can go about nominating your project for Skyrise Greenery Awards 2019/2020, please complete and submit the form below.
If the form below is not loaded, you can also fill it in at here.