Assessment-only Pathway (AOP)
The Assessment-only Pathway (AOP) is intended to validate the competencies of experienced landscape workforce. In-service landscape workers with the relevant knowledge and skills may take the assessment of a WSQ course, via the AOP, without undergoing training at CUGE.
AOP is available for the following Technical Skills and Competencies (TSC):
|TSC Code and Name
||AOP Code||AOP Name|
Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescues
|TGS-2021008484||Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescues (Level 2) (AOP)|
Horticultural Chemical Usage
|TGS-2021008482||Horticultural Chemical Usage (Level 2) (AOP)*|
Plant Health Management and Disease Control
|TGS-2021008479||Plant Health Management and Disease Control (Level 2) (AOP)*|
|TGS-2021008480||Plant Pruning (Level 2) (AOP)*|
|TGS-2021008481||Turf Maintenance (Level 2) (AOP)*|
Hazards and Risk Control, and Policy Management
|TGS-2021008483||Hazards and Risk Control, and Policy Management (Level 2) (AOP)*|
Candidates will be issued a Statement of Attainment if assessed to be “Competent” for each AOP.
Candidates with Statement of Attainment for all five AOP indicated with an asterisk (*) above will be issued the WSQ Higher Certificate in Landscape (Horticulture and Turf Maintenance).
- At least 1 year of experience in the landscape industry in Singapore
- Have basic knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) regulations and policies
- Able to understand and speak basic English, or at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 2
- Able to work outdoor, under the sun, for an extended period of time
- Be medically fit with no medical or physical conditions that could impede the ability to participate in the course
- Previously completed formal training in tree climbing and aerial rescue operations from an accredited training organisation
In addition, for Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescues (Level 2) (AOP):
Candidates will be required to submit evidence that they meet the pre-requisites before they can be confirmed for the AOP.
Two (2) hours for each AOP
- Practical Exam or Role-Play, and
- Oral Questioning
For Singaporeans and PRs only: $60 (inclusive of GST). Terms and Conditions apply.
For Foreigners: $200 (inclusive of GST)