Animal Management Professional Certification Programme (Basic Module)
As Singapore moves towards becoming a City in Nature, people and wildlife are increasingly sharing a common space. Together with our outreach efforts to educate the public on how to interact with wildlife responsibly, there is a need to develop a professional and competent and core group of animal management specialists who are often called in to mitigate human-wildlife incidents. This course aims to equip animal management specialists with the skills to perform their work while ensuring public and personnel safety, as well as animal welfare.
After attending the course, participants will be required to complete and pass online assessment and acquire the skillsets below:
- Identify and distinguish (e.g. native vs. non-native) common urban animals in Singapore
- Understand and abide by laws governing animal issues in Singapore
- Understand basic principles of animal welfare
- Take basic measures to safeguard against animal diseases; and
- Ensure public and personnel safety, as well as animal welfare when handling and trapping small to medium sized birds
- Lessons will be delivered through webinars, pre-recorded lectures and self study e-learning portals
- Practical assessment will be conducted on site
Note: Virtual classroom invitation link and electronic course materials will be sent to all learners prior to commencement of each lesson.
- Animal management companies
- Pest control companies interested to take up animal handling functions
- Environmental consultants and relevant agencies
Facilitators and Assessors
Programme facilitators are locally-based industry professionals with knowledge and experience in animal management.
To attain a Certificate, participants are required to:
- Achieve 90% attendance, and 75% passing mark for assessment
The professional certification is valid for a period of 3 years. To re-certify, credential holder is required to undergo a 1-day refresher course and assessment.
Full Course Fee (Inclusive 7% GST): $171.20
Date & Time:
11 Aug to 21 Aug 2020
Please click here for detailed lesson plan.
Registration will close on 29 July 2020. All successful registrants will receive a confirmation e-mail.