Certificate in Therapeutic Horticulture
|Certificate Attainment||To attain a Certificate, participants are required to achieve
|Course Fee||Not available|
|Course Date||There are currently no scheduled course dates. You may join our mailing list HERE to receive updates for our programmes.|
This is an advanced programme for participants who wish to seek in-depth knowledge and application in therapeutic horticulture. The programme is conducted locally by international industry practitioners who are experts in their area of teaching.
This programme aims to educate participants by using horticulture as a form of therapy and overall well-being for an individual or a group. The desired outcome of this programme is to have a professional group of practitioners to introduce effective therapeutic horticulture activities to cope with Singapore’s ageing population.
Competencies Trained and Assessed
The Certificate in Therapeutic Horticulture programme comprises 15 topics developed from three main domains namely Plant Science, Human Science and Therapeutic Horticulture.
- Introduction to horticulture
- Plants selection and maintenance
- Pest and disease management
- Therapeutic garden design
- Common mental illnesses and difficulties faced
- Types of therapies available for specific clients and its benefits
- Overview and management of mental illness & stroke and recover expectations
- Occupational therapy perspectives for stroke and dementia clients
- Occupational therapy perspectives for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- The horticultural therapy framework
- Treatment plans and goals in therapeutic horticulture
- Activity selection process
- Working with clients
- Treatment session planning
All information are correct as of posted date.
Have questions regarding course registration? You may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
To receive news and updates for programmes via email, you may join our mailing list HERE.
For other queries not answered in the FAQs, simply fill in the form HERE to contact us.