ISA Certified Arborist Preparatory Programme
The ISA Certified Arborist Preparatory Programme is a premier professional certification and accreditation programme for practicing arborists. The Programme is an intensive training and certification programme that prepares practicing arborists for professional certification.
Competencies Trained and Assessed
The preparatory programme consists of 80 hours of training and certification. This programme will provide refresher training on the essential theories and practices of tree care and management. The preparatory programme comprises of 10 domains that makes up the 16 chapters.
- Tree Biology
- Tree Identification
- Tree Selection, Installation and Establishment
- Soil Management and Urban Forestry
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Fertilisation and Nutrition
- Tree Protection and Preservation
- Tree Risk
- Safe Work Practices
Certification & Validity
Participants who have successfully achieved certification will be registered as a Certified Arborist with the International Society of Arboriculture.
The Professional Certification of an Arborist is valid for a period of 3 Years. CUGE will provide professional development and upgrading opportunities for Certified Arborists through professional workshops/seminars to achieve Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for re-certification.
A Certified Arborist shall accumulate 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by the end of the 3-year period to prepare for professional re-certification. CUGE will manage and prepare Certified Arborists to achieve the requisite CEUs.
Classroom lectures with project exercises and practices and assessment.
Who Should Attend
Tree Care Supervisors and Managers with relevant working experience
To be eligible for the exams, candidates needs to fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Candidate to have a minimum of three-years full-time experience in arboriculture; OR
- Two-year degree in arboriculture and two years of practical experience; OR
- Four-year degree in a related field and one year of practical experience.
Acceptable experience includes the practical use of knowledge involved in pruning, fertilization, installation and establishment, diagnosis and treatment of tree problems, cabling and bracing, climbing, or other services that directly relate to arboriculture.
For any experience to count towards a candidate's eligibility, ISA will need to receive accompanying documentation. Accompanying documents to be submitted with application:
- For educational experience, a transcript from the completed degree program.
- For employment experience, letters of reference from employer(s), including the number of years of applicable experience.
- For self-employment experience: Letters of reference from customer (minimum one year per of applicable experience) or dated invoices (minimum one per year of applicable experience).
Facilitators and Assessors
- Industry Tree Care Practitioners who are Certified Arborists
- Practising Certified Arborists from the National Parks Board, Singapore
Full Course Fees (Inclusive of 7% GST): $2,675.00
*Terms and conditions apply.
Fees include the provision of lecture materials, ISA CA study guide, certification examination fees and refreshments. The first exam retake (within one year of initial exam date) is free and subsequent re-takes are upon advised and terms and conditions set by ISA. Once application has been submitted and ISA has confirmed that the candidate is eligible to sit for the exam, there is a penalty fee of $85.60 for every reschedule or withdrawal.
Please refer HERE for information on available funding and eligibility.
There are currently no available course dates.
All information are correct as of posted date.
Have questions regarding course registration? You may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
To receive news and updates for programmes via email, you may join our mailing list HERE.
For other queries not answered in the FAQs, simply fill in the form HERE to contact us.