CUGE-HOR-3018 Turfing Know How - Axonopus compressus
Participants will learn to identify axonopus compressus from other similar looking grasses. They will be taught on proper turfing procedure and will be put thru an on–site hands–on, practical axonopus compressus turfing session. Knowledge on common weeds and its control on turfed area will be part of the training. There will be a practical session on inspection and taking over exercise of a newly turfed area. They will be able to identify sustainable well turfed sites, free of weeds and other anomalies. Participants will be able to plan and propose turfing and maintenance program at the end of the course.
The course aims to share the following:
1. Inspect and identify a properly turfed area.
2. Give instructions on proper turfing procedure of axonopus compressus.
3. Develop procedures for turf management.
4. Work with stakeholders in the management of handing and taking over of turfed sites
|Day 1||AM Session
|Day 2||AM Session
Classroom lecture, field study and assignment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Agencies maintaining turf and lawn, landscape managing agents, contractors, horticulturist and landscape professionals
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Mr Mathichandran has more than 30 years of working experience as an industry practitioner.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
|Certified Practicing Horticulturist||12|
|Course Fees (Inclusive of GST)|
Fees include provision of training materials and refreshment.
*Terms and conditions apply.
**This course is subsidized by e2i. Only Singaporeans & PRs are eligible for the subsidized course fee and are required to fulfill at least 75% of attendance in training. After registration has been confirmed, participants will be charged full fees if they fail to attend the program or achieve 75% attendance.
Ms Corrin Ng
Tel: 6465 0286
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Please note that your placement in the course/programme will only be confirmed upon receipt of duly completed online application forms and full payment of required course fees.
2. There shall be no unilateral cancellation or withdrawal from the course/programme once confirmation notice from CUGE confirming your registration for the course/programme is issued. There shall be no refund of course fees made by National Parks Board for any such cancellation, withdrawal or non-attendance of the course/programme.
However, subject to CUGE’s consent, applicants who are unable to attend a course/programme with valid reasons may request to defer their participation to a course scheduled for a later date or transfer their placement to a replacement participant nominated by the applicant. Such requests must be made to CUGE either by phone, email or in writing at least 3 working days before the commencement of the scheduled course/programme. Any request made to CUGE less than 3 working days before the commencement of the scheduled course/programme will not be entertained except at CUGE’s sole discretion.
3. National Parks Board reserves the right to change the details of, cancel or reschedule any programme conducted by CUGE including any change to the Trainers/Assessors, venue and the course fees if necessary or warranted by circumstances beyond our control by prior notice to you at the address / email stated in the application form.
Please refer to CUGE website for the full terms & conditions.
All information displayed in the website are for reference and may subject to change. Please refer to the latest course mailer for the most updated information.