LS-NC-301E-1 Interpret Flora, Fauna and Landscape Nature Knowledge
Interpret Flora, Fauna and Landscape Nature Knowledge, a WSQ in Nature Interpretation course, aims to provide participants with the skills to conduct research, prepare and update specialised information on the flora, fauna and landscape in Singapore’s key habitats.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to
- use formal and informal research techniques to perform research exercises on the flora, fauna and landscape in Singapore’s key habitats,
- analyse information and develop interpretive themes and messages to meet audiences or visitors’ needs,
- organise and store information effectively for easy retrieval when required, and
- incorporate updated knowledge into guiding activities.
Who Should Attend
- Landscape Supervisor
- Nursery Supervisor
- Parks, Reserves and Garden Supervisors
- Parks Officers and Managers
- Tour Guides
- Nature Guides
Course FeeFor course fees, please refer to here.
Training grants and subsidies may be available. For more info on funding eligibility, click HERE.Terms and conditions apply.
- Industry Practitioners
- Supervisors/Managers from National Parks Board, Singapore
SKILLS FRAMEWORK AND WORKFORCE SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS (WSQ)
The Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) system will adopt the Skills Framework and continue to certify skills and meet Continuing Education and Training (CET) needs. With this, all current Landscape WSQ courses based on the old Competency Standards will be replaced with new ones based on the Technical and Generic Skills and Competencies by 31 October 2020.
Course participants who had completed modular units (i.e. issued with Statement of Attainments) without achieving full qualifications should complete all required units by 31 October 2020 if they would like to obtain full qualifications under the Landscape WSQ framework.
Full qualifications obtained prior to 1 November 2020 will not be affected by the transition to the Skills Framework.