Did you know that Singapore is transforming ourselves from a City in a Garden to City in Nature? Did you know that City in Nature is one of the five pillars of the Singapore Green Plan 2030? Did you know that we have flora and fauna named after Singapore as they can only be found in Singapore?
All these facts about our City in Nature and native biodiversity will be shared in our assembly talks conducted at your school. These assembly talks are usually one hour, and are on the topics of our City in Nature journey, conservation of our green spaces, our native biodiversity as well as the community and companion animals.
NParks conducts talks to students as young as preschool to tertiary level.
Karenne Tun (Director/Coastal & Marine and Terrestrial) sharing with tertiary students on conservation issues in Singapore
If you are interested in having an assembly talk at your school, please email Nurul Haniza at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note that the assembly talks are complimentary, but are subjected to availability.
Exhibitions at Schools
We have two sets of exhibition panels that we loan out to schools. They are 1) Singapore: Our City in Nature, and 2) Sharing our World with Pets, Community Animals and Wildlife. There are seven exhibition panels in each set.
They can be put up for display at indoor open spaces in your school, for your students to view during their breaks.
Singapore: Our City in Nature
This set of panels educate students on our City in Nature, the importance of conservation, intensifying and restoring nature, living with nature and how we can play a part in our City in Nature [Preview].
This set is recommended for Secondary school and Tertiary levels.
Sharing our World with Pets, Community Animals and Wildlife
This set of panels educate students how to be considerate to our pets, our community and wildlife [Preview].
This set is recommended for Preschool, Primary and Secondary school levels.
Both sets of panels are only suitable for indoor display and should not be subjected to strong wind. Each panel will be kept in a compact bag and will fit in the boot of a sedan comfortably.
- Schools may request for the exhibition panels at least 2 weeks to 6 months in advance, subject to availability
- Each school can only loan the exhibition panels for a maximum of 2 weeks.
- Teachers will be required to submit photos of students viewing the panels to document the use of the educational panels in the school
- The exhibition panels are to be self-collected and returned by the school at the National Parks Board Headquarters (1 Cluny Road Singapore 259569) during office hours
- Schools are fully responsible for the care of the exhibition panels throughout the specified loan period
- The loan of the exhibition panels is free
If you are interested in borrowing our exhibition panels, please fill in this request form.