Advisories pertaining to COVID-19
05 Apr 2020 -
In line with the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) latest advisory to minimise further spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following precautionary measures until 4 May:
- Suspend our events and activities to safeguard our volunteers and participants
- Suspend venue bookings and bookings of barbecue pits
- Suspend applications of camping, hiking and filming and research permits
There will also be the following changes in our parks and gardens:
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve – Closure of Exhibition Hall
- Pulau Ubin - Closure of Nature Gallery, Chek Jawa Visitor Centre and Ubin camping areas and campsites
- Sembawang Hot Spring Park - Closure of hot spring stations
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – Closure of National Orchid Garden, Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden, Heritage Museum, Ethnobotany Centre, Library, CDL Green Gallery and Seed Bank
- Sisters’ Islands Marine Park – Closure of Marine Park Public Gallery
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve Mangrove - Closure of Mangrove and Nature Galleries
- F&B outlets in our parks to only offer take-away and delivery services
- Closure of retail and recreation outlets in parks, except those providing essential services
In addition, the following facilities in our parks will be closed to allow for safe distancing and prevent gathering in groups:
- Playgrounds/Nature Playgardens
- Fishing areas
- Fitness corners/stations, football fields, and basketball/volleyball court facilities
- Dog runs
- Water play/water recreational facilities
While our more than 350 parks and gardens remain open during this period for the public to exercise, gathering in groups in parks is not permitted.
We urge the public to comply with safe distancing measures when they visit.
Check our website for the latest advisories for parks, gardens and nature reserves in response to the COVID-19 situation.
Use our new SafeDistParks.nparks.gov.sg portal
for more information on the visitorship of our major parks and green spaces.