Advisories pertaining to COVID-19
01 Jun 2020 -
In line with the Multi Ministry Taskforce’s latest advisory on the need to have a phased approach to resume activities safely, please see the below updates for our parks, gardens and nature reserves after the Circuit Breaker period until further notice.
Visiting our parks
Do stay home to keep your family and friends safe, and to leave your home only for essential activities. If you need to exercise (walk, jog or cycle) outdoors, do head to a park or park connector near you or in your immediate neighbourhood, either alone or with other individuals of the same household. Please comply with safe distancing measures and wear a mask before and after strenuous exercises, and head home after your exercise. More info here.
Gathering in groups in parks, as well as social or recreational activities such as having picnics, group exercising, photography, kite-flying, or playing ball games, are not permitted.
Closures in our parks and gardens
To ensure a phased approach to resume activities safely, we will continue to suspend our programmes, venue and BBQ pit bookings, and applications for camping, hiking, and research permits.
The following will also remain closed:
- All car parks in our parks, gardens and nature reserves
- F&B outlets, convenience stores, retail and recreation outlets, as well as food vending machines in parks
- Playgrounds/Nature Playgardens
- Fishing areas
- Fitness corners/stations, football fields, and basketball/volleyball court facilities
- Dog runs
- Water play/water recreational facilities
- Beaches at East Coast Park, Changi Beach Park, Pasir Ris Park, Punggol Point, Sembawang Park and West Coast Park
- Bukit Timah Nature Reserve – Exhibition Hall
- Jurong Lake Gardens – Lakeside Field, Butterfly Field, and the Oval
- Pulau Ubin – Nature Gallery, Chek Jawa Visitor Centre and Ubin camping areas and campsites
- Sembawang Hot Spring Park – hot spring stations
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – National Orchid Garden, Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden, Heritage Museum, Ethnobotany Centre, Library, CDL Green Gallery, Seed Bank and lawn at Eco Lake
- Sisters’ Islands Marine Park – Marine Park Public Gallery
- Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve – Mangrove and Nature Galleries
Some of our parks could be closed temporarily to ensure ample space for safe distancing. Before heading down to our parks, please check out SafeDistParks.nparks.gov.sg
for the latest updates. You can also visit OneMap.sg
for a park near you.
Do check our website for the latest advisories for parks, gardens and nature reserves in response to the COVID-19 situation.
For more info on COVID-19 matters for the animal/pet sector, please visit the AVS website
Thank you for doing your part to keep Singapore safe.