Legal and communal guidelines for owning a dog
Dog owners have to take note of these licensing, leashing, and muzzling conditions required by law:
| Laws regarding
- All dogs must be licensed
- HDB apartments only allow one dog of an approved breed, or its cross. The cross should be 40 cm or less at the shoulders, and weigh 10 kg or less. Refer to breeds approved for HDB residential flats for the list of dogs allowed.
- Do refer to licensing a pet to find out more about licensing requirements for dogs.
|| All dogs have to be leashed in public areas.
These dogs must be muzzled in public areas:
- Bull Terrier
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd Dog (and related breeds)
- Mastiffs including the Bull Mastiff, Cane Corso, and Dogue De Bordeaux
- Crosses of any of the above