What To Do If Your Pet Goes Missing
What to do if your pet goes missing
Inform the relevant authorities
Step 1: Immediately inform the relevant authorities
- Contact the Animal Response Centre (ARC) at 1800 4761600, and
- The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) at (65) 62875355.
Provide the officer or staff with information such as:
- Where and when your pet was last seen.
- Whether your pet has a collar or ID tag.
- Your pet's name, breed, age, sex, and colour.
- Description of any special body markings that your pet may have.
Step 2: Put up flyers
Put up flyers around the neighbourhood, at the veterinary clinic, or at pet shops. The flyer should have a photograph of your pet, and your contact details. Search your neighbourhood and ask your neighbours for help.
Step 3: Advertise in the newspaper's classified ads section
Include information leading to your pet’s safe return and consider offering a reward for its safe return.
How you can help reunite with your missing pet