The decision to keep a pet should never be taken lightly. Once you are a pet owner, you have to be committed to your pet for its entire life. At no time should abandoning it be an option.
Here are some criteria:
- Feed your pet regular nutritious and balanced meals.
- Provide your pet with suitable housing.
- Groom your pet well, and regularly.
- Provide appropriate training for your pet.
- Bring your pet to a veterinarian for regular check-ups, and when it shows signs of sickness.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Pick up your pet's poop when you bring it out in public, and do not let it stray.
- Sterilise your pet to prevent unwanted litters.
- Microchip your pet for easy traceability in case it goes missing.