Bin Kiang School
Bin Kiang School was built in 1952 with funds raised by the Chinese residents of Pulau Ubin. At one point, over 400 children attended the school and the Wayang Stage at the Pulau Ubin centre served as their classroom. Upon graduation, the students would leave to continue their secondary school education on the mainland. As the number of Ubin residents dwindled and families moved back to the mainland, the school was closed in 1985. Thereafter, the school was used for social gatherings by the islanders. The school was demolished in 2000.