Please comply with instructions from our officers on the ground.
Safe Management Measures (Effective 13 Oct 2021)
1. Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS) will be implemented for entry into the following Gardens' premises from 13 October 2021 onwards:
- National Orchid Garden
- Botanical Art Gallery
- Centre for Ethnobotany
- Forest Discovery Centre @ OCBC Arboretum
- SBG Heritage Museum & CDL Green Gallery
- Seed Bank
Please take note of the following Vaccination-Differentiated Safe Management Measures (VDS):
- Individuals can be allowed in group sizes of up to 2 persons if all are fully vaccinated, including recovered individuals, and unvaccinated individuals with a negative pre-event test (PET) result.
- Unvaccinated children, aged 12 years and below, may be included in the group of 2. If there is more than one child aged 12 years and below in the group of 2 persons, both children must be from the same household.
2. During this period, the National Orchid Garden and Jacob Ballas Children's Garden are operating with limited capacity and we seek your understanding on the following when the capacity has been reached:
- You may be required to wait till there is availability. Please expect a waiting time of about 1 to 2 hours.
- The last entry time may be as early as 4pm instead of the regular last admission timing as we are unable to accept more visitors.
- Pre-book your visit to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden (This is a trial for visitors' appointment booking till 8 November 2021).
Located in central Singapore and just five minutes away from Orchard Road (Singapore’s main shopping street), getting to the Gardens is easy. Visitors can access the Gardens via its various major entrances. Knowing where to alight will help ensure that your visit is an enjoyable experience.
|Opening Hours||Getting Here / Various Entrances||Bicycle Parking|
|Visitor Services Counters||Parking Charges||Coin-Operated Lockers|
The general outdoor gardens is opened daily from 5am to 12midnight and admission is free.
Specific opening hours, admission charges and more information on the attractions listed below.
As the Gardens is 82-hectares, it is ideal to access different entrances for different zones you may wish to visit. Parking facilities are available in each zone.
Please note that different zones are served by different bus services and train stations, with walking times averaging between 30-50 minutes (North to South).
|Attractions & Facilities||Food & Beverage||Transportation
CDL Green Gallery
Library of Botany & Horticulture
SBG Heritage Museum
7, 105, 123, 174, 174E
75, 77, NR8
Orchard MRT Station, North-South Line (Red)
Taxi Pick-Up and Drop-Off point available at Botany Centre
Basement car park at Botany Centre (5am - 12am daily)
224 car lots
National Orchid Garden
Botanical Art Gallery
COMO Adventure Grove
Forest Discovery Centre @ OCBC Arboretum
Mingxin Foundation Rambler's Ridge
Bees' Knees Petite
Nearest bus stop at Holland Road with a 10 minute walk
SIA Hop-On Bus
Taxi Pick-Up and Drop-Off points available at Learning Forest (via Tyersall Gate entrance) and Gallop Extension (via Gallop Gate entrance)
Open-air car parks at Tyersall Gate and Gallop Gate
Driving directions: Please only enter via Holland Road and Tyersall Avenue.
From Holland Road (Towards City):
From Holland Road (Towards Ulu Pandan Road):
(Note: No access via Cluny Park Road/Tyersall Road/Bukit Timah Road)
Tyersall Gate car park - 36 car lots
Gallop Gate car park - 29 car lots
Car Park A, B, C
Institute of Policy Studies (1C)
National Parks Headquarters
National Biodiversity Centre (1A)
Raffles Building (Office)
Raffles Building Car Park
Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage
Casa Verde (dog friendly)
By Bus / MRT
No MRT & bus stops available.
Taxi Pick-Up and Drop-Off point available at Visitor Centre (via Nassim Gate entrance)
Basement and open-air car parks at Nassim Gate
NParks HQ car parks A, B & C - 141 car lots
Raffles Building car parks (RB1 & RB2) - 133 car lots
|Bukit Timah Entrance|
Bukit Timah Gate
Centre for Education & Outreach (1F)
Centre for Urban Greenery & Ecology, CUGE (1E)
Car Park, Cluny Park (along Cluny Park Road)
Eco-Lake and Eco-Garden
Ethnobotany Garden and Centre for Ethnobotany (1G)
Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
NUS Law Faculty
Seed Bank (1D)
(Bus services via Bukit Timah & Dunearn Road)
48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170
Botanic Gardens MRT Station
Circle Line & Downtown Line, (Yellow & Blue)
Taxi Pick-Up and Drop-Off points available at Downtown Line and Cluny Park Road
Open-air car parks at Cluny Park Road and Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
Cluny Park Road car park - 50 car lots
Jacob Ballas Children's Garden car park - 39 car lots
Nearby Train Stations
Nearby Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations are available. They are:
- Orchard Road MRT Station
- North-South Line [Red]Transfer to bus services and alight at Napier Road required
- Botanic Gardens MRT Station
- Circle Line [Yellow] & Downtown Line [Blue]Bukit Timah Entrance
Outlaying MRT stations are available as options, and all require transfers to bus services. They are:
- Farrer MRT Station Circle Line [Yellow]
- Commonwealth MRT Station East-West Line [Green]
- Doby Ghaut MRT Station North-South Line [Red]
- Somerset MRT Station North-South Line [Red]
- City Hall MRT Station East-West Line [Green]
7.00 am to 10.30 pm $0.02 per minute
7.00 pm to 10.30 pm $2 maximum
8.00 am to 9.00 am $1 **
No overnight parking is allowed
**Peak hour charge on all passing vehicles that enter from Kheam Hock Road and exit at Evans/Cluny Road
For further information, please contact Wilson Parking at 6411 5592.
Our Visitor Services staff are on duty from 8.00am – 5.30pm daily at our various service desks to handle queries you may have on the Gardens.
We have 6 Service Desks located throughout the Gardens.
- Visitor Services @ Tanglin (Drop-Off Point, Level 1, Botany Centre)
- Visitor Services @ Tyersall (Drop-Off Point, Tyersall Entrance)
- Visitor Services @ Nassim (Drop-Off Point, Nassim Entrance)
- Visitor Services @ Bukit Timah
- Visitor Services @ Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
- Visitor Services @ Gallop Entrance
At the Visitor Services Desk, you may seek assistance for:
- Information on the Gardens
- Lost & Found
- First Aid
- Handling of Emergencies
- Wheelchair loan
Pay-per-use personal lockers are available at these locations. (Price range $1 - $3 depending on size are currently available at these locations:
- Tanglin Entrance
- Nassim Entrance
- Melati Gate ($2-$3 sizes only)
Bicycle parking (4-6 lots each) is available at our entrances as we do not allow cycling in the Gardens.
- Tanglin Service Desk
- Ridley Hall (side gate along Cluny Road)
- Tyersall Coach Park
- Gallop Service Desk
- Palm Valley Gate
- Car Park C, Nassim Entrance
- Car Park B, Nassim Entrance
- Raffles Building Car Park
- Cluny Park Gate
- Melati Gate
- Jacob Ballas Children's Garden Car Park