Educational Programmes at the Singapore Botanic Gardens
At the Singapore Botanic Gardens, we have a range of programmes for young nature lovers, environmentalists, budding scientists, horticulturists and more! We have various programme types for different age-groups and participant categories (individual/organised groups).
1) Click here to register for programmes for Children & Families (Individuals).
2) Click here to register for programmes for Adults (Individuals).
3) Click here to register for programmes for Schools (Organised groups).
4) Click here to register for programmes for Adults (Organised groups).
5) Click here to register for programmes for Educators (Organised groups).
Self-led Visits to Singapore Botanic Gardens
If you would like to visit the Gardens on your own (free-and-easy or self-led visits), we strongly recommend submitting an online application form for school visits at least 14 working days prior to your intended date.
Before embarking on a journey of self-discovery with your group, we strongly encourage to download the relevant maps to ease your planning and actual-day navigation.
For self-led visits to National Orchid Garden, admission fee applies.
For self-led visits to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden, admission requirements apply. Please refer to this page for more details. For students to make the most of their visit to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden, do feel free to download and bring along this worksheet which will give them an introduction to Asia’s first Children’s Garden and some of the attractions that can be found in there!
Family Time @ Singapore Botanic Gardens
This programme is a learning extension to the Family Time segment of the Primary 5 Character and Citizenship Education textbook. It is designed in collaboration with the Character and Citizenship Education Branch, Student Development Curriculum Division, Ministry of Education.
Join Sara the Botanicosaurus and her family as they learn all about the importance of harmony in the Gardens. Through a series of fun self-guided activities, children and their families will discover the rich heritage of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, admire the beauty of art sculptures located in the Gardens and last but not least, learn to appreciate the flora and fauna in the Gardens. These activities will provide children and families ample opportunities to dialogue and discuss the important value of harmony.
- Understand the role of Singapore Botanic Gardens in creating a platform for multi-racial performances in Singapore's history and how it continues to be a shared space for Singaporeans and people from all around the world to appreciate the beauty and tranquility of nature.
- Discover the importance of plants in their lives and learn about their uses.
- Recognise different ways to maintain harmony in the Gardens.
- Develop critical thinking and reasoning skills in art (sculpture) interpretation.
Suitable for: Families with children aged 11 - 12
Duration: 1 hour
Venue(s): Tanglin Core (Heritage Core) of the Singapore Botanic Gardens
Note: This activity sheet is downloadable in landscape format.
Click here to download the "Family Time @ Singapore Botanic Gardens!" activity sheet.
Present your completed activity sheets to our staff at the Visitor’s Services Desk @ Tanglin Entrance (nearest to Tanglin Gate and Botany Centre) in exchange for a small token!*
*One token will be given for each completed activity sheet per family, while stocks last!