Bukit Timah Entrance
Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
The safety and well-being of our visitors are our priority and we have put in place necessary Safe Management Measures at the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden.
During this period, the garden is operating with limited capacity and we seek your understanding on the following:
- Pre-book your visit date and time (This is a trial for Visitors’ Appointment Booking till 8 November 2021)
- For visitors who do not wish to pre-book a visit, you may be required to wait when the capacity has been reached until there is availability. Please expect a waiting time of about 1 to 2 hours. And, the last entry time may be as early as 4.30pm instead of the regular 6.30pm as we are unable to accept more visitors.
Pre-book your visit to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
All visitors are encouraged to book their visit date and time online before visiting the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden. This is a trial for Visitors' appointment booking till 8 November 2021.
Booking slots are released 1 to 3 days in advance.
Please select your arrival date and time to visit the Garden and number of persons.
The timeslot will not be made available for your selection if it is fully booked.
One booking per person per day
To gain entry:
- Present your e-mail confirmation to our counter staff to enter the garden at your appointment timeslot.
- Please arrive no later than 30 minutes from your selected time slot (For example, if you have booked the 8am time slot, kindly arrive before 8.30am to gain entry). Your slot will be released after the grace period. If the garden’s capacity has been reached, you may be required to join the walk-in queue and wait till there is availability.
- All parties are required to be present to gain entry.
- Maximum number of people allowed per booking will be subjected to the prevailing group size limit for social gathering on the day of visit.
Notice on areas closed within the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden
- Photosynthesis Play Area (Closed till further notice)
- Water Play (Closed till further notice)
The Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden is the first garden in Asia dedicated to children. Its theme of ‘Life on Earth Depends on Plants’ aims to educate and instil a love for nature in children. The garden is a complete nature-learning environment, where children can delve deeper into the ecology of plants and our environment through discovery and experiential learning.
The Garden offers children a space for exploration, adventure and play, with a farm, an orchard, and a forest with its own stream and ponds. Young adventure seekers can explore the suspension bridge and nature play areas; budding naturalists can walk along the stream and climb into the tree-houses; and our urban gardeners can observe how plants grow and pick up some gardening tips! Be an ‘Adventurer’, ‘Gardener’ or ‘Naturalist’ for a day at the Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden by following these carefully curated trails.
8.00am - 7.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm) The Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is closed on Mondays (except when it falls on a designated public holiday)
Refreshments are available at the entrance of Jacob Ballas Children's Garden.
Free admission. Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden is designed for children aged 14 and below. Children aged 12 and below must be accompanied by an adult. To promote a safe environment for children, adults are permitted entry only if accompanying a child. Adult visitors without children must consult the Service Desk for entry, which is normally permitted only when accompanied by NParks’ staff.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible
Things to note:
Please do not damage plants, turf, furniture or facilities provided. Tents, tables or chairs are not allowed.
For the safety of everyone, glass objects, bicycles, scooters, skateboards and other related items are not allowed to be brought into the Children's Garden.
For the convenience and comfort of all children, pets are not allowed.
By car or taxi
- From Dunearn Road - At the Dunearn-Kheam Hock Road junction, turn right to enter NUS Bukit Timah Campus. Turn right into Jacob Ballas Children's Garden after car park gantry.
- From Bukit Timah Road - At the Bukit Timah-Kheam Hock Road junction, turn left to enter NUS Bukit Timah Campus. Turn right into Jacob Ballas Children's Garden after car park gantry.
Parking is available at Jacob Ballas Children's Garden and NUS Bukit Timah Campus.
SBS Bus No. 48, 66, 151, 153, 154, 156, 170, 186 and SMRT Bus No. 67, 171. Alight along Bukit Timah Road, NUS Bukit Timah Campus bus stop.
By Mass Rapid Transit (Circle Line & Downtown Line, Botanic Gardens MRT):
Alight at Eco Garden (North end of the Singapore Botanic Gardens) via the Botanic Gardens Station. The Jacob Ballas Children's Garden will be a 10 minute walk from the station.
For emergencies, lost and found and general queries, please enquire at the Visitor Services Desk, Jacob Ballas Children's Garden.