E J H Corner House
This colonial house was formerly the residence of the Assistant Director of Singapore Botanic Gardens, E J H Corner (1929-1945). Corner was an expert on fungi and tropical trees and palms. After his tenure with the Gardens, he went on to become Professor of Tropical Botany at the University of Cambridge. Today, the house has been converted into a restaurant (which will begin operations in July 2014).