Apply for a Permit
With effect 1 Sep 2020, all exercise groups in the Singapore Botanic Gardens are required to obtain two approvals. They are -
a) Register as an Instructor with SportSG
b) Group activities by National Parks Board
- Requires 3 working days for processing by SportSG
- Read more here
2. With your registered Instructor ID from SportSG, please submit your second application (to use the space at Singapore Botanic Gardens) here
- Please note that specific to the Singapore Botanic Gardens, all group sizes require this application
- Requires 7 working days for processing by the National Parks Board
Please note that approvals are subjected to current lawn capacity and prevailing safe distancing measures.
What to bring during your session
- Please bring along your documents (hardcopy print OR softcopy via a tablet or mobile phone) for verification
- For a list of general rules and regulations of the Gardens, please click here
Filming & Photography
Prior approval for filming and commercial photography in the Gardens is required.
Applications have to be submitted at least 14 days prior to the proposed filming or photography dates.
Use of the Gardens for Organised/Group Activities
The Singapore Botanic Gardens is a public garden for the enjoyment of all. Activities promoting a cause or activities which inconvenience or cause discomfort to other visitors will not be permitted.
For use of the Gardens for organised or group activities, please submit the application below. Please note that approval of this application does not grant you exclusive use of shelters, lawns or any other areas in the Gardens.
Applications must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the proposed date of use.
For Indoor Venue Rental on Private and Corporate Functions, please click here.