Planted on 30 Jan 1956, this Tree is a remnant of the Conifer collection that once dominated parts of the current Tanglin Core of the Gardens.
The Gardens herbarium has specimens from this species from across the Tanglin Core.
The lack of locality data on these specimens makes it difficult to verify whether the Herbarium specimens were from these trees.
This is an interesting tropical conifer found naturally in closed evergreen lowland and lower montane forests. Most of this vegetation is disappearing in this region.
The wood is used for construction, furniture and firewood and a resin is harvested for use as fuel.