Biodiversity Impact Assessment (BIA) guidelines
To build capacity amongst developers and industry which handle Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) reports, we have developed a set of Biodiversity Impact Assessment (BIA) guidelines. The BIA guidelines provides reference for developers and industry professionals to understand the common requirements for the biodiversity component of an EIA. Please click here to find out more.
Skyrise Greenery Incentive Scheme (SGIS)
As Singapore has limited land space, skyrise greenery is a new dimension of integrating greenery into our urban environment. To help owners implement skyrise greenery in their existing buildings, we have introduced the Skyrise Greenery Incentive Scheme (SGIS). Under this scheme, NParks will fund up to 50% of installation costs for green roofs and vertical greenery. Please click here to find out more.
Landscape Excellence Assessment Framework (LEAF)
The Landscape Excellence Assessment Framework (LEAF) is a certification scheme to recognize development projects (existing and new) with outstanding greenery. The LEAF logo can be used for marketing purposes, and for project owners and team members, it is a recognition of excellence in efforts and professionalism towards high quality urban landscapes. Please click here to find out more.
Checklist and forms
1. For Open Space development submission, please submit the following:
- Open Space Design Stage (Architectural/Civil & Structural/Mechanical & Electrical checklist)
- Operational and Maintenance Manual’s (OMM) Checklist
- Naming of Open Space
The name of the open space should be submitted to NParks as soon as the name is approved by URA’s Street & Building Names Board (SBNB). This is to ensure only one name is allowed for a development and there is no duplication.
2. For developers or owners who may like to engage NParks' term contractors for horticulture, arboriculture or turf management services, please click: Landscape Company Register (menlosecurity.com) to download the contact list of contractors from CUGE's Landscape Company Register.
- The Parks and Trees Act
- Map of Tree Conservation Areas (TCAs)
- Heritage Trees
- Flora & Fauna Web
- Nature Areas and Nature Reserves
- Online payment link